Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1800/1900 - So far I'm unimpressed.

Okay, I took the 18:00 shots and then took a break to make dinner.  I went out and took the 19:00 shots and discovered... not much had changed.  So I'm going to toss these up and then wait until 22:00 to take some more.  It's getting crazy cold and it's hard to shoot at night and I'm not seeing the kind of change I was hoping for.  So...

18:00:

Still about 4 inches on the ground. 
The bushes seem to be picking up a good dose of the white stuff.
Car is still visible.  (Wow, what a different look when you don't use the flash.)
Met a guy walking his puppy.  No, seriously, Bernese Mountain Dog puppy.  Five months old and *loving* the snow.  He wanted to eat ALL of it.  But he was so clearly made for this weather, he was having a blast and was totally affectionate.
So far we can still see the fireplug.

I did find this kind of interesting: More than 4 inches on the SIDE of the gauge.  Less than 4 in front of it.
My cool shot for this batch.  The way the wind is blowing is creating interesting shapes and 'shadows' in the snow.







19:00
Seriously, not much has changed...

 Snow is now exactly 4 inches.

And I discover that my car is pretty clean from *most* angles.  Clearly the wind is playing a huge part in where accumulation occurs.









More at 10:00 p.m.  I'm kind of hoping to be awake at 11:00 to do a 12 hour before and after, but I'm not counting on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment