Wednesday, February 2, 2011

11:00 - 24 hours and we seem to have survived it.

Okay, I think this is going to be my last Blizzard 2011 post.  There's still some blowing and drifting, but not anything major.  The news is now talking about the 'recovery' phase of all this and about official totals... so I think we're about done.

 Looks like the official total for my block will hover around 18 inches.  Though, once I'm sure we're out of the thick of it, I want to go around and see how deep some of these drifts are.  I'm *sure* they're more than 18 inches!




Just in case you forgot... this was the shot at 11:00 yesterday (wherein I forgot to bring my iPod down, but really, this was 11:00 yesterday.



 You can't tell where this car ends and the snowdrift starts.  That's my can rin the background.  I don't plan to move it soon, but I think I'll have an easier time than this guy.
 People are attempting to get down the streets on occasion now.  The tracks left are at least a foot deep.
 It looks like exactly one person has managed to make it out.
And noon.  No significant change from 11:00.  I think, possibly, it may be over.  I may run down one more time tonight before it gets dark to see if we pick up a little more drifting, but I think this is it.  18 inches in Uptown for the Blizzard of 2011.  I'm not looking forward to having to move my car once the plows have come through.


No comments:

Post a Comment