Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Chicago Gay Pride Parade - Post 7 - Signs of the Times (t-shirts) - 6.24.12

Okay, so these aren't technically signs, per se, but it's the text that matters.  So... t-shirts of note at the Gay Pride Parade.

 This guy was with the anti-circumcision group I wrote about the other day.  (That may have gone without saying, right?)
Okay, I tried to get a shot of the whole text of his shirt, but I missed.  It says, "Bump. Set. Spike. Bang. Repeat." And then there's a little volleyball under the text.

Now, I played volleyball in school.  Bump, Set, Spike... all terms I'm familiar with.  I don't know what 'bang' is supposed to mean in that context, but I can tell you how it would be interpreted at a Gay Pride Parade. ;)



 


These shirts were from a group celebrating the progress made in the 43 years since the Stonewall Riots.












Believe it or not, that doesn't say, "Start a Boot Riot."  It says "Booty Riot".  I'll leave it up to you to decide if that's much better or not. :)
 Okay, this guy wasn't actually in the parade.  He was just heading down Broadway before it started.  I'm not sure I'd wear a shirt labeling me as "Psychopathic".  That said, I first read it as "Psychopathetic" which was even more of an interesting thought.
She wasn't in the parade either.  She was across the street from me.

I just love this shirt.  All I could think was, "When I was a kid, there was no way in hell people would walk around in a shirt like this."  So, yeah.  Awesome.







Yay!  Done with signs/text oriented stuff.  Now we'll get to some of the really *ahem* fun stuff. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment