- · There is no glass on my windows. The roof extends far enough that the rain isn’t coming in, but it does present a bit of a privacy issue. I’m wondering what else I may end up hearing howling tonight other than monkeys. Also, I tend to sleep with my music or a t.v. show going. I don’t think my neighbors want to hear that.
- · That safe system is a hot mess and I don’t trust it.
- · The rain is REALLY loud in here. I can barely hear my music even with the computer right on my lap and the sound turned all the way up.
- · The wrought iron beds are cute, but when you want to lean against the headboard and work on something, they’re really uncomfortable.
- · The mattress… um… isn’t. It’s about six inch thick mattress/boxspring/something that sits on a wooden platform. [ETA: apparently this is not a huge problem. I just had a two hour nap on the thing and slept fine. :)]
- · I got like 8 hours of sleep last night [and this after going down for an hour-long massage that I really, really needed] and yet the sound of the rain around me makes me want to sack out.
- There is no phone, radio or clock in my room.
- Gekko's like my window screen. Currently from the outside. Picture tomorrow.
The first is at 4:30 a.m. and will come courtesy of the howler monkeys. The second comes at 5:50 and will be the wait staff coming room to room with coffee, tea or hot chocolate for us while we get ready for breakfast. Weather permitting, of course.
ETA: Okay, I've had two hours of sleep and the rain has stopped. Of course, being near the equator it's also pitch black... but my mood is somewhat less damp. Here's hoping tomorrow is both drier and better!