Saturday, April 2, 2011

Quick "Thank you" to my readers, and I'd love to know who you are.

So I keep track of what posts draw readers in, where my blog is being read, all that good stuff.  Not for any great research paper or anything, but it's just *cool* to know that my blog has been read as far away from Chicago as places like Zambia, New Zealand and Jordan.

Here's a quick map of where my blog has been seen in the past nine months:



Every once in a while I'll notice a big spike in my 'number of readers over time' and a corresponding number in the 'number of readers by country'. For example, this past week I had ten hits at once, and ten hits from Latvia. I've also had ten hits from Iran in the past twenty-four hours (all in one spike). A few months back I got thirty hits from The Philippines all at once.aid,

I'd love to hear from those of you who seem to be hitting me in batches (actually I'd love to hear from ALL of you, but I'm very curious about these batches). Are you using something I've posted in a class? Tweeting about me and having your friends follow the link? Like I said, I'm just very, very curious.  And also if you could let me know what brought you here, I can help tailor what I posts to the things my readers are interested in.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment